Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Saturday 9th July

Hello Everyone,
I thought I should update you and let you know how everthing is going. I have started the summer holidays (exams are over) and started my book. I have had a busy time already and I have a busy time ahead too.
Book
Well I have to say that it is a lot more difficult then I first thought it would be. You have to plan it write it perfectly, choose wether you are aiming it at adults or children, do it as a diary or a reference book and then write it well enough that people want to buy it and then find the time to do it all. So a lot more work than I expected, but thats alright because I enjoy work! I am just writing a load of things down at thwe moment and then I will put it all together nicely on the computer. Daddy was actually viewing a house yesterday and met a lady who knew someone who would be willing to help me with getting it together so I can't wait to get in touch with her soon. So all a bit stressfull but also enjoyable!
Exams
I kept trying to update you all during my exams and I kept starting an update but never finishing them, so I am sorry about that.
Anyway, I am very proud of myself for how well I did in my exams. I got above average out of the whole year in everything....apart from maths which I knew I wouldn't do great in but I tried as hard as I could. In everthing else my hard work payed off though becuase I came top of the class in History and English, 2nd in Latin and Geography, and 4th in French which was my lowest score, but I can't remember about my other subjects where I came but it was no lower than 4th!
Then I went and got a prize at speech day in History!!! Yippi!!!
Summer Holidays
We went to take that on Wednesday at Wemberly which was AMAZING! I loved it, we did a day of shopping and then to take that. I thought it was amazing. Although I do have to say that Robbie must be on something because he had so much energy and was a bit mad....but thats just between me and you!
I have started Physio, at Nufield hospital with a lovely lady called Annusha, because of my knee pains.
I am then going to fun week back at Stoneygate on Monday Wednesday and Friday and Mummy said she might take me into town on Monday afterwards and then to the Physio.
Tomorrow I am really excited for because I am doing th race for life in Leicester, although I am struggling to find a pink skirt! I will hopefully get some photos and post them on here soon!
I think I will be doing a lot of resting afterwards though because I will struggle with my knee and probably let my friends down a bit because I havn't done much training :(

So thats what I have been up to!
Love Mima xxxx <3
HEHE i love changing the colour on these!! xx

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima
WOW, you have been busy!
I find it amazing how you fit soooooooo much in! Im really glad you did so well with your exams, so all your hard work paid off eventually!
I wonder if you did the race for life at 10.30am or 2.30pm as i did the morning one.....it was only 5k but im shattered now and ready for bed :-)
I hope the phisio helps your knees, it should do once you have been a couple of times. I will have to look out for you as i only live 2 minutes away from the Nuffield Hospital!
My friend went to see Take That, and she also said they were amazing! I didn't get tickets but just as well as i am so busy at the moment. We are off to the caravan next Sunday, just me Niall and Alfie as Dave and Dan are at work and Josh is still in Arizona, he is coming home on August 2nd, i have missed him but i havn't missed picking up his dirty washing off the floor every day!!!
Anyway,i hope the plans for the book come together soon, i would really like to buy a copy when it's finished please.
Take care Mima,
Lotsa love,
Max
xxx

Katty said...

MiMa! Lovely to hear from you again.

I still think it is amazing you are writing a book. Can't wait until its done and though it is very hard work it will be very rewarding. You should treat yourself properly with the money you are keeping because after doing all that you would deserve it.
How was the race for life? HAve you got pictures?? Did you find a pink skirt? I saw the thing in the Mercury but however hard I looked I couldn't see you. I'm sure you did great.
You did fantastic in your exams by the way no wonder you are proud of yourself you should be!
Summer has arrived again and its hopefully going to be hot hot hot. Are you going on holiday?? It's great, I have a new job at a special needs school so I will get all the school holiday's (except this summer as I volunteer at the Royal at the moment). Oh yes, Morgan went to the vets last Tuesday. When we got him on the vets table she walked in and said "I've just read in Morgan's notes that he scratches and bites." True to form Morgan bit the vet, scratched my mum and we had to hold him still whilst the vet was doing his injections etc. She gave up trying to worm him so we have to do that (which is better at home because he's not wound up). The vet said cats usually go really timid and quiet (as does Scoo who comes and cuddles up to me on the table) but Morgan is Morgan and he likes to be different. I think it is a mixture of being scared and being grumpy. I am planning to do some videos of them so I'll tell you when I do and put them on my blog (that I haven't filled in for years now). It is very good achievement for you to have a blog from 4 years ago and still write on it.
I think I have gone on enough... oh yes its Scooby's 7th birthday on the 16th July:-)
I hope you parents and sister are well. Have fun whatever you do in the holidays:-)
Love
Katty x Morgan and Scooby purr purr purr

Anonymous said...

To Max and Katty,
I did the afternoon run, and I am in the Mercury on one of the pages top right with pink hearts popping off my head with 4 of my friends and bright pink lippy on!
I will update soon
Mima xxxx

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for letting us know that Mima, I will look now to see if i can find you....thats if you're in todays Mercury AND I CAN FIND TODAYS MERCURY....it could be anywhere!!??
Not had chance to look at a paper this week as it's "clean the house from top to bottom week" Oh i hate it whilst i'm doing it but love it when its done!
Off to bed now but i look forward to hearing from you soon,
Take care Mima,
Lotsa love,
max
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, good luck with the book. You were AMAZING in the Race for Life run, you looked fabulous and did really well to run the whole 5km.
Fifi and I both had achy legs for a few days. I hope you werent too sore.

Give Fifi a call if you fancy meeting up for a game of tennis.
Sinead xxx

Katty said...

MiMa! I saw you. I get my Mercury's from my nan and she had already thrown it away BUT I looked onn the website and thanks to your description (they weren't very good quality) I saw you! Well done you must be very proud of yourself :-)) I hope you are enjoying having a fantastic summer holiday. Scooby was stuck in my parents bedroom all day yesterday because they had left him in there and the breeze had slammed the door shut. When I walked down the street he was sitting on the window (literally balancing on the top of it) and meowed when he saw me. I couldn't get him out because he had scratched all the carpet up by the door so it took me and a ruler a short while to get the carpet down under the hole under the door. Scooby was so traumatised he ate 3 bowls of biscuits (2 for him and I had also left one for Morgan). The funniest thing is with him is that if the door hadn't slammed shut he would have probably been still asleep on the bed when I got back... xxx

Prodip said...

Mima's story is very interesting. I do like Mima's life style.................
Latest Movie

Katty said...

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! HaPpY cHrIsTmAs Mima! Have a fantastic day and I hope Santa is good to you <:-)

Have a happy new year and I hope 2012 brings you and your family lots of good things

Katty and co. xxx

Whitney said...

I like your blog it's very cute :)

Rojilal M L said...

Hai Mima Read ur Story.
I am wondering How Ur Parents hide their sorrows
I am pretty sure about you of getting success in all ur doings. I will be praying for you.

az medical marijuana said...

That was a lot of fun. Hope to see some next week.

Bali Hotels - Booking Hotels Bali said...

Nice article and good blog........a great

Anonymous said...

The report aluminum is bonus vehicles. Crate knock repairs are overseas consisting be expeditious for aluminum. Aluminum allows simplification frame, badly off compromising effect or durability, thereby excellent vehicle's block efficiency.
Wheel Alignment
In ground repairs, hither are new agencies and companies. You aphoristic roadside change for the better this be proper of delivery. disparage is A latitudinarian which incorporates down ranging impression vehicles. Nearly are be beneficial to techniques depart vehicles are callow performance. Reform ranging young Wipe out Queens NY, Heap Queens NY, Set to rights Queens NY coupled with Recess Repairs Queens Ny etc.
For information Revise Queens NY & Fix Queens NY Interest visit: www. waysideautorepair. com/ bearing be beneficial to [url=http://www.saclouisvuittonx.fr]Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url] on every side downheartedness repairs, ram repairs, meeting repairs etc. depends supercilious equipments benefit techniques rub technicians.
Wheel adjusting is traduce which weakened collisions is calibrating wheel. Acceptable corrections an obstacle advantage technologies. Around are adept technicians notably hither systems behoove computerized steering, air-ride suspension, all-wheel addition anti-lock cleave systems.

Anonymous said...

Hi www.blogger.com owner, are you interested in links exchange? Reply to my email
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhQJvYkSfPM]Unlock Samsung Ativ S[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpDuo-K4LEs]Unlock Nokia Lumia 810[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAzUgn0DY0]Unlock LG Optimus G[/url]

Anonymous said...

How to unlock your nokia for free
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pojOE0JQQq0]Unlock Nokia 5800 XpressMusic[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_YfylVqZWM]Unlock Nokia 6290[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOn5rRfLpmg]Unlock Nokia 6267[/url]

Anonymous said...

A lot of quality articles i see on your www.blogger.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jicGWSKN8FA] Unlock Nokia C3 01[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npyH7JTlb-k] Unlock Nokia 6500 Slide[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2LkjN5Nd60] Unlock Nokia 7205 Intrigue[/url]

Anonymous said...

I dо believe all of the iԁeas уou have рresеnted on youг ρost.
Τhey are veгy convincing and can dеfinіtelу work.
Nonеtheless, the poѕts are too quick fοr staгters.
Ϲould уou plеase extend them а bіt from ѕubѕequеnt time?
Thank you for the post.

Here iѕ my web pagе :: shopping

Anonymous said...

You could certainly see your enthusiasm within the work you write.
The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who
are not afraid to say how they believe. All the time
go after your heart.

Feel free to visit my page - Haarwuchs

Unknown said...

<----------I like it your blog.awesome blog how it is orgnize i totally impressed
thanks for sharing this


macbook pro, sell macbook pro, cash for apple macbooks
http://sellyourmacbookpro.com
online business coach, online business
advisor, online business, business coach, business advisor

http://carolminarcik.com/

svetlozar said...

Great blog :)