Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Sunday 18th October 2009

ONLY 16 DAYS TO GO UNTIL I FINISH TREATMENT!!!

We are all getting very excited and counting down the days now until I finish treatment for Leukaemia. I have had my last lumbar puncture for ITMTX, my last vin and christine was last Wednesday. I am finishing my last steroids tonight and then it will just be a final lumbar puncture and bone marrow aspirate on November 3rd with daily chemo, weekly chemo and antibiotics every weekend up until then.

I have to tell you though that I have been back in to hospital for a couple of days because I had another seizure at school on Thursday two weeks ago. The Neurologist has decided to put me on some anti-seizure tablets now and I have to have them for 2 years!!!!!!(They called it epilepsy) I don't mind though if it means I don't have any more seizures. The last one really frightened me and I was at school, so even worse.
I am now counting down every day and we are going out for lunch today and I am really excited. I am going to ring Daddy at 12.00 because that is the time we should be meeting him at the restuarant.
P.S just because I have a name for all my seizures it doesn't mean that you should treat me any differently than before I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I am still just the same old Mima and you shouldn't be scared of me.
love mima xxx

4 comments:

Post Pals said...

Hi Mima, yay for no more steriods :) We have sent you a very special tshirt for your last day of chemo, and don't forget to sing the no more chemo song! The link is http://www.speciallove.org/Camp%20Songs.html

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima.
Epilepsy cant be very nice, but like you say it doesn't change anything about you, and it never will. Keep strong......just like you always do!
I can't believe it's only 16 days until you finish your treatment, be brave for the final few things you have to go through, it will soon be over!
We are off to Hunstanton tomorrow 'til Friday, so were lookin forward to that!
Hope you had a nice time today when you went to the Restaurant, we just had a Chinese delivered but i think i've eaten too much, im sooooo full!
Im off to bed now so i get up bright and early in the morning,
Take care Mima,
Lotsa love,
Max
xxx

Katty said...

Hi Mima!

I am sooooo pleased you have nearly finished your chemo - 13 days and counting with you!

Epilepsy... I don't think I have told you but I was diagnosed with epilepsy in Jan this year after I had my first fit about a month after you had yours then one 5 months later. Unfortunately seizures can happen in the most inconvenient places (I had one in the middle of my graduation) but tablets more or less stop them so you shouldn't have to worry about that! Like you said you are still you and epilepsy only means that you have had more than one fit - nothing sinister. I am sure people won't treat you differently they didn't me as its not a big thing at all really - like you said its just a name. I guess you are getting a lot of support with it at the hospital but if you ever want to talk or anything my email is fat_kat@hotmail.com.

Did you enjoy the restaurant?? I think you should have a big party when you've finished your chemo totally, if you want one of course...

What you doing this half term? I am enjoying my lie-ins that I have so badly missed. Whatever you are doing have a nice time!!

Lots of love Mima

Kathryn, Morgan and Scooby
xxx purr, purr, purr

P.S.Scooby has a nice surprise waiting for him on 2nd November (the day before you finish your chemo): his vaccines and MOT... why do I have the feeling that he won't be counting down the days until then?

P.P.S. Max: I am jealous. I LOVE Huntstanton and we usually go every year but didn't this year. I miss the green, 2p machines, fair and discount shops - have a nice time!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I don't read this important post sooner. The end of your treatment is so close.It will be something to celebrate and I hope you do, whatever you decide I know you'll do it with style.
Won't bother to mention that other thing makes no difference at all to who you are.
Lots of love
Sue