Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

THE BEST SUMMER EVER!





DON'T MISS THE ARTICLE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ABOUT THE RESEARCH JEMIMA INVITES HAS NOW FUNDED - THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THE TWO YEARS OF FUNDRAISING!

I have had the best summer ever!
We have done so many fun things, I am not sure you or I have the time to think about them all!!!
We had a fab 2 week holiday in Devon with the Wheelers, we sailed, body boarded, swam, bbq'd, kayaked, ate ice creams, fish and devon cream teas ............................. it was all just amazing.
When we came home we did alot of riding and more sailing and then last week we went to Holkham beach for the day and rode on the beach which was absolutely amazing!!!
I go back to school this Thursday and I cannot believe the summer is over. I am really looking forward to seeing all my friends again and starting in year 6!
I hope you have all had a good summer too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there I've been looking forward to reading about your holiday.So glad that you had such a wonderful time.You certainly must have used every minute to the full.Love the picture of you on your horse.
It wonderful to see you looking so happy.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, it was a great summer wasnt it! Lovely to see you in Devon and then again in Norfolk. Thank you for coming to Fifi's pty, you were a great sport and so kind to Lucy who didnt know many girls. There are some great photos!!!! i hope school is going well.see you at hockey.
Love The Furbers

Katty said...

MIMA! I am glad that you have had a really nice summer. Love the pictures too - they say it all! Its so great to see you happy and to know that you have been enjoying yourself - that it what we like to hear. All the things you get up to are amazing, I don't even know what kayaking and bodyboarding are. It's good that you were looking forward to school too - year six, 12 years ago for me and it only seems like yesterday! Hope you having fun with your friends and enjoy telling them all about your fantastic summer!
Love, Kathryn :-) xxx

Katty said...

Hello Mima, just a quickie, I forget to say congratulations for raising that money for the research, you must all be really chuffed. Well done! Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather. Take care. Love K x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima, I have been following your story ever since I met you 2 years ago (when I was looking after Megan Brockelbank). I haven't read your blog much recently, but today I caught up and am soo pleased to hear how well you are doing now. I teach year 5 at a primary school, and none of them seem as happy as you to be at school! It is such great news. The violin is also a fantastic instrument to play :) Keep being strong!
Racheal

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
HOPE YOU'RE OK?
IT SEEMS A REALLY "LONGGGGGGGGG" TIME SINCE I WROTE ON YOUR BLOG!!
I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY, AND I BET YOU HAVE TOO?
I LOVE THE HOLIDAY PICTURES, AND IM NOT SURPRISED YOU HAD SUCH A FAB TIME AS YOU DID SO MUCH WHILE YOU WERE AWAY!
I WENT TO CENTER PARCS LAST WEEKEND AND I HAD A GREAT TIME TOO!
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN IN NOVEMBER.
ANYWAY I MUST JUMP IN THE SHOWER NOW AS IV'E LEFT IT ABIT LATE TONIGHT, BUT I HOPE TO READ ALL ABOUT LIFE IN YEAR 6 SOON!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LOVE,
MAX
xxx