Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Monday 9th March 2009

I just got home 9pm but am going back to hospital tomorrow for a general anaesthetic for a lumber puncture and some chemo into my spine. I don't like this one as it may be what makes me have brain seizures! I have to take 2 different kinds of antibiotics for the next 5 days because I still feel grotty. Night night, I am tired!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you Mima, I hope the GA doesn't make you feel too grotty - thinking of you still and hope you had a good sleep in your bed last night -it must have been good to get home for the night. Are any of your friends in at the moment - or are you having to make do with Mummy??? Send her my love and big hug to you,
Jemma Eff xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Mima
Hope it all goes well today we are all thinking of you.
Thought I sent you a message on Sunday but it didn't work so I hope this one does!
Big hug to you and Mummy.
Lots of love Auntie Nics

Katty said...

Hello Mima, it must have been very nice to be back in your own bed last night though its not very nice that you still feel grotty - hopefully the antibiotics will work their magic and you will be back to form in no time! Hope everything went well today at the hospital and as smoothly as it could have done. Take care of yourself and lots of love Kathryn xxx