Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

We're home!

Hello Everybody!
I have just been on holiday to Brancaster Staithe for a week with the Povers and the McCormacks. I had a fab time and Millie, Flora, Issy an Ed let me go in their pool every day and let me sail their Topper too. We went to the beach every day and it was really sunny.
This week Emily and I are off to Debbie's for Pony camp and Debbie said we can sleep over too. We can't wait!
Next week we are sailing for 4 days doing our RYA stage 4 again and then learning how to sail with spinnakers. Yippeeeeeeee. I hope it is windy enough!!!
Oh yes, I feel really well too. My toe is much better now and I am not on steroids anymore so not much bone ache. I have vincristine on Wednesday and start on the dreaded steroids again which is one week early because we are going to Devon for 2 weeks at the end of next week and I can't have vincristine whilst I am there.

5 comments:

Katty said...

Hello Mima! Very glad to see the colours are back and more glad to hear you've been having such a nice time. The sun has got his hat on and it's lovely isn't it? - it's so nice that Morgan and Scooby have been staying out all night as well as all day which means no getting me up at an awfully early time in the morning. I'm sure the time your on you steroids etc. will go really quickly and before you know it you will be in Devon having lots of fun! Hopefully the weather will be good to you there as well. Enjoy the sailing it sounds fantastic, you don't half get up to a lot of weird and wonderful activities - I always wonder what you will be doing next?? Lots of love Mima and I hope the next few days fly by so you can go on your holiday. Kathryn xXx
P.S. I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday. I gave Morgan a fluffy (a little fluffy ball you use for crafts)because he loves them but he keeps losing them. I was watching him play then I found out where they go... he eats them!!! The things about the size of a 20p piece and there he was choking it down... no more fluffys for him! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, great to hear you had such a lovely time in Norfolk. We went camping in the Peak district this weekend and the sun shone everyday. We are off to Salcombe on Thursday for 2 weeks so if you are near by give Mummy a call and we could meet up and go for a ringo ride on daddys boat. Have fun love Fifi

Anonymous said...

as usual lots of things to do.Glad you're having good weather for the holidays, well so far at least.Pleased to hear your feeling well at the moment and are able to enjoy everything.The pony camp sounds really special and the sailing too.Having the awful steroids early means you will be on good form when your in Devon.
Lots of love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
so glad you had a good time in Norfolk and hope all's going well at pony camp - have you had the sleepover yet? I hope we get to see you beofre you go to Devon and that the steroids don't make you feel too bad this time. We all send lots of love, Jemma and the Eff's xxxx

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
Great to read that you have had such a fun week in Norfolk and you had fantastic weather too, a real bonus.
Sailing sounds great fun, I did a sailing course in the Isle of Wight when I was about your age and really enjoyed it, great way to make friends too.
I am off to Inverness (Scotland) on Monday with Thomas and Hannah to my friends house which will be fun, only for 4 days and I wouldn't imagine it is going to be very hot but as long as the sun shines we will be happy. Thomas and Hannah are more excited about the aeroplane ride!! Paul has got peace and quite for 4 days, lucky him!!
I bet you can't wait to go to Devon and see Uncle Simon, have a really fantastic time and I will look forward to reading about it.
I hope everyone is well and that you are still feeling well even on those horrid steroids.
Lots of love Venetia. XXX