Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 18th July 2008

I had a fantastic day today.
Wishes4kids held a day at Donington Park for all the children they have granted wishes for (remember they gave me an amazing day out at Strictly Come Dancing). I took my friend Georgia because Emily was busy and we went in so many really really fast cars. I went 100 miles per hour in a Caterham with a nice man called John driving, it was a bit scary but very fun too. We had a yummy lunch and tea and got to play on a huge scalectrix and I drove in an F1 simulator car. I saw lots of my friends from ward 27 and had a fantastic day.
I am on steroids again and I feel so yuk. I am really really tired, hungry all the time, cross and I can't sleep but other than that I am fine! My friend Georgia was really kind to me today because she knows what I am like on steroids. Thank you Georgia.
Thank you very much Russell and Wendy for such a good day.
Message from Mummy for Kirsty - Nicole Dryburgh is who she was talking about and her web address is http://www.c-h-o-c.org.uk
I am not using colours today because I don't feel like it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
I'M ABLE TO LEAVE ONE MORE MESSAGE FOR YOU AS I DON'T GO ON HOLIDAY UNTIL TOMORROW! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A REALLY FUN DAY YESTERDAY DRIVING IN ALL THOSE FAST CARS AND I BET IT WAS GREAT SEEING ALL YOUR FRIENDS AGAIN? I SPENT THE DAY IN NUFFIELD HOSPITAL WITH ALFIE, WAITING FOR HIM TO HAVE HIS GROMMITS FITTED. THERE WERE 10 CHILDREN WAITING TO HAVE SOMETHING DONE, SO ALFIE DIDN'T GET TOOK TO THEATRE UNTIL 5.20pm! HE WAS BACK IN HIS ROOM AT 6.15pm THOUGH! I DIDN'T LIKE SEEING HIM BE PUT TO SLEEP BUT HE WAS FINE, AND WITHIN AN HOUR OF WAKING UP HE WAS BACK TO HIS USUAL "CHATTY" SELF KEEPING ALL THE NURSES AMUSED!!!
WELL I HOPE THAT "YUKKY FEELING" DOESN'T LAST TOO LONG AND THAT YOU START TO FEEL GOOD AGAIN SOON, AND MAYBE THEN YOU MIGHT FEEL LIKE USING COLOURS AGAIN?
WELL I'D BETTER GO AND PACK THE SUITCASES, I THINK I'VE LEFT IT ABIT LATE!!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX
xxx

Katty said...

Hello Mima, I'm sorry your not so bright and breezy today and you don't feel like using colours, hopefully though as soon as you are off them (in 2 days so you've got through most of it) you will want to use colour. All the usual colours you use are really pretty and it's even made me put colour on the boys blog too.
Friday sounded great and I bet its nice to see your friends! How many people can say they have been in a car going 100mph?? It does sound a bit scary but really really fun!
Take care Mima and lots of love KaThRyN xXx
P.S. It was Scooby's birthday on the 16th so we had a birthday cake for him and he got lots of presents (food) to eat (though I've put it away in a cupboard or he would eat it all in one go knowing him.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, hope you are feeling better today.I can,t recall how many days of steroids you have this time.Your day at Donnington sounded really great.Driving in those fast cars, terrific!Pity Emily missed out but I'm sure Georgia was glad she could go with you.
Looking forward to seeing the colour back in your blog. As soon as I see that I,ll know your feeling more cheerful.
Lots of love
Sue

Uncle Simon said...

Wishes4Kids at Donington sounds amazing. Great job driving so fast Mima. Lewis would be proud. Or concerned! I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, hope you're having a good time in Norfolk - maybe the sunshine will make you feel like using colours again! We'll be thinking of you while we're away and I'll try to leave a message - I know Amanada (your friend in Dubai)wants to hear all your news so I'll fill her in. Sending lots of love, Jemma, Herbie and Monty Eff.... xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Mima, I have been catching up reading your blog and all the comments from when I was away. I hope you are feeling a bit better, the steroids sound nasty.
I had a great holiday on a cruise ship, but we had some really rough seas and lots of people were seasick but not us thankfully.
My niece works with horses and ponies at a show stable near Windsor, she told me yesterday one of the horses was being naughty and he came up behind her, bumped her with his head and knocked her into a muck heap!
You take care, hope you are enjoying the sunshine.
love Jan