Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Thursday 3 July 2008

Well done to all the Triathlon people today (and Rosie a couple of weeks ago).
I had my LP, ITMTX and BM this morning and it all went very well and I woke up feeling a bit sore on my back but mostly fine. My blood results haven't really changed much other than my neutrophils have gone down. I am not neutropenic though. That means I stay on 100% chemo again this week but no MTX tablets as I had it in my back this morning instead.
Last night I went to my first group session with my friends from Ward 27. It was really fun and we played some silly games, asked lots of questions and talked about our feelings It was good to see my friends again and everyone has quite alot of hair so now I know that mine will grow again soon. Ben is 3 months ahead of me and I hardly recognised him because he had so much hair. That means that when I go back to school in September and start year 5, I should have quite a lot of hair again..............Yippeee!!! The next session is in August so I am looking forward to that one too.
Only ½ day of school left tomorrow and then we are off for 9 weeks. Usually when the holidays come I am ill, but I hope not this time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, glad all went well today. We are off to Minorca tomorrow. the girls are tucked up in bed as we have an early start. Have a great last day and a fab summer, we will keep in touch and hopefully try and get you and Fifi together. Love to you all. The Furbers XXxxx

Anonymous said...

Jemima,
Just reading all the recent blogs about people going away,and wondered if you were able to go away this summer or not? We are going to your favourite place in a few weeks (lacau y ensemada), and thought that if you could not get there this summer that we would take some videos and pictures to send to you when we get back.
Please get your mum to send me a message telling me what you're doing, and leave the rest to me... Hopefully you will feel just like you are there, even if you can't be there in person.
All my love,
james G and family XXxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad things went well with your treatment.The meeting with your friends sounds like good fun.You should have quite a lot of hair by the time you have the next get together.Hope you have a wonderful time this holiday and I'm sure you have plans to get away on holiday somewhere.
take care love
Sue

Katty said...

Hello Mima! 9 weeks off - what are you going to do with yourself?? Hopefully this holiday you won't be ill and you will be able to enjoy the sun (if it stays sunny of course) and have lots of fun!! I think you look pretty with or without your hair but you must be looking forward to getting it back again. Enjoy your last 1/2 day at school... lots of love Kathryn xXx P.S. We have to take Morgan to the vets today for his annual MOT, that will be a traumatic event for all of us. Getting him in the cat carrier usually takes at least 10 minutes and is half the battle. Does Digby mind when he has to go for his injections? x

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA,
GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE DOING SO WELL APART FROM A SORE BACK! IT'S GREAT READING YOUR BLOG WHEN YOU SOUND SO HAPPY. WE GOT BACK FROM THE CARAVAN YESTERDAY AFTER A LONG WEEKEND AWAY WITH FRIENDS. IT WAS MY TURN TO COOK ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ALL 10 OF US, AND ALL WAS GOING WELL UNTIL I WENT TO GET THE CHINESE CURRY SAUCE OUT OF THE CUPBOARD...AND DAVE HADN'T PACKED IT!!! IT'S ONE YOU MIX YOURSELF, AND REALLY HARD TO COME BY AS NOT MANY SHOPS SELL IT, SO I HAD ALL THE OTHER INGREDIENTS,BUT NO SAUCE,SO WE ENDED BUYING 4 TUBS OF CURRY SAUCE FROM THE CHINESE RESTAURANT ROUND THE CORNER FROM THE SITE! I WASN'T VERY HAPPY, ALTHOUGH EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY! I'LL PACK THE FOOD MYSELF NEXT TIME!
I BET YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING 9 WEEKS OFF FROM SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER, AND I'M SURE WHEN YOU RETURN IN SEPTEMBER NO ONE WILL RECOGNISE YOU!!!
MY BOYS DON'T FINISH SCHOOL UNTIL THE 16th, THEY CAN'T WAIT!
WELL, I'M OFF TO SEE ALL THOSE LITTLE BABIES AT THE HOSPITAL WHERE I DO MY VOLUNTARY WORK NOW,THE WARD WAS REALLY BUSY LAST WEEK SO I WONDER HOW IT WILL BE TODAY?
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX.
xxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mims, Auntie Jax here, I'm sorry I haven't written to you for so long, its been really busy here. You lucky thing having 9 weeks off, we only have 6. Can we meet up sometime, get Mummy to ring me and we'll get a date in the diary. I am so pleased you are feeling so good. Keep it up, keep smiling, you'll get there in the end. loads of love Auntie Jax
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima,
i dont know you but i think you are reallly amazing!

im 14 and had cancer 4 years ago,
i didnt have the same type as you but i can still relate to what life is like for you.

im glad you are so posotive as thats the way i survieved.
iv never met anybody else who has been in a simular situation as i was, as i didnt keep many contacts ..
id love to chat to you,

i was also wondering if you had ever herd of a place called "give kids the world" in florida..
if u havent id love to explain what it is cause i think you would love it.
contact me if you can,

Sammie fletcher
Sammii3Rose--x@hotmail.co.uk