Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Tuesday 4th March 2008

I am very well and have been for a little while now. I had my blood test and Dr Donald tickled my tummy and my knees and ankles yesterday (that is what he has to do to check that everything is ok) and he said because I giggled alot that he thought I was very bright and cheerful. My blood results were good too so that meant that I could have the full dose of IV MTX and some Vincristine today. I don't mind, but it does make me really really sick. I take lots of anti-sickness tablets but they make you constipated, so then I take tablets for that too - yuk, yuk, yuk. I saw my friends in hospital today and we played a finding game on the computer together. We are also making easter bonnets because we have an easter party on the Ward very soon. My friend Georgia is in hospital at the moment and she didn't look very well at all. She has nearly finished her treatment but her body has decided it doesn't want anymore vincristine already and her kidneys have stopped working properly. Get better soon Georgia.
Did I tell you I was doing a drama exam? Well I took the exam on Saturday and had to stand up in front of a man and say poem called A Smile by Jez Alborough. Do you know, I passed with distinction. Not many people are surprised by that because they think I am a bit of a drama queen!
Asparagus and Mayonnaise in my leg muscle tomorrow at about 10 o'clock, so if you hear any very loud screaming, you will know what it is all about.
Emily and her senior choir are off to Warwick this weekend to take part in the Radio 3 choir competition so we are all going there on Saturday. Good Luck Stoneygate!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI MIMA, IT'S LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE YOU SOUND SO HAPPY AND CHEERFUL!
I HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY EASTER PARTY ON THE WARD AND I'M SURE YOU'LL LOOK GREAT IN YOUR EASTER BONNET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE SOME PROPER EGGS IN IT FROM YOUR CHICKENS!
I HOPE YOUR FRIEND GEORGIA GETS BETTER SOON, I'M SURE SHE WILL!
CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING YOUR DRAMA EXAM WITH DISTINCTION......YOU MUST BE A REALLY GOOD "DRAMA QUEEN" WELL DONE.
I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU AROUND 10 TOMORROW MORNING BUT KEEP BRAVE MIMA, YOU CAN GET THROUGH IT, AND GOOD LUCK EMILY & YOUR CHOIR IN YOUR FORTHCOMING COMPETITION! YOU TOO, CAN DO THIS!!!
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV,
MAX

Anonymous said...

good to hear your feeling well and that you are bright and cheerful.Good luck with the treatment hope it goes ok.Congradulations on the results of the drama exam.You seem to be good at everything you do.
Tell Emily I wish her and the choir lots of luck in the competition. I hope they do well.
Sorry to hear about your friend Georgia and hope she feels better soon.
Have a lovely Easter party I'm sure you will look stunning in your Easter bonnet.
Lots of Love
Sue

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
Great to hear and read that your so well at the moment...you really deserve that.
It sounds as though you have been really busy and well done in your drana exam. I have been looking after my friends baby all week so I have really had my hands full, looking forward to Friday when she goes back home!
Good luck with your horrid medicine today, we shall be thinking of you lots as always.
lots of love Venetia

Anonymous said...

Hello Mima, I thought you must be busy and feeling bright and breezy as you hadn't up-dated us on your blog! sounds like you're having fun - and I'm not a bit surprised to see you got distinction in your exam - well done!!! Make sure we get to see a picture of you in your Easter bonnet - I bet you'll look great! I shall be thinking of you all morning and hope the leg won't be too sore - poor you. Have a good week and GOOD LUCK to Em and the Stoneygate choir. Sending lots of love, Jemma Eff, xxxx

Anonymous said...

I just received pictures of the chickens and Digby.What a brilliant dog Digby is. In the picture he looks as though he is having a conversation with the chickens. Perhaps he was telling them to behave.
Hope you are doing well with the treatment.
Lots of Love
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hola Mima
I hope this reaches you, I thought I would have another go sending message. Just received photos. of Digby inspecting the 3 hens. What a good boy he is not to chase them. I had a dog called Cider that go into a chicken run and a couple of hens had a heart attack with the excitement. See you in Sept.
Love you
Rita

Uncle Simon said...

Mima, hope the leg work wasn't took bad. I didn't hear any screams over here!!
Good luck to Em this weekend.
Birthday present ideas?? Email me please. Thanks! Uncle Simon xxx

Adam Sharkey said...

Hi Mima,

I feel so sorry for you and what you have to go through. My brother has Leukemia aswell so I feel very sorry for him! Anyways I was gonna ask how are you? Ive never heard of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia before and I hope to read up on it!
My brother has Vincristine every Month now as he is on his Maintenance and It does not like him (ha!) I think it's great that you have set up your own website! It helps to hear other people going through things that other people are. I'll catch up soon!

Seeya , Adam xxx

Adam Sharkey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dear Mima, hope you are ok. hope you have a great easter.See you at school. bye. From Ayesha x

Ronnie and Annette said...

Dear Jemima,
We hope you have a very nice Birthday we have been following your story and think you are a very special young lady looking forward to seeing you and Emily back in Mallorca very soon till then lots and lots of love from
Annette and Ronnie
XXXX

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima, HI! I hope you had a great easter! I just wanted to remind you that, remember at freya's birthday party. Did you realise that we were wearing the SAME SKIRT?! I can't believe it! It was a little bit embarrising. not really embarrasing. Anyway, i hope you and Emily are ok. I will see you at school bye. From Ayesha