Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

What A Week

I am in hospital with a boy called Ben (he was the one who helped me when I had my nasal tube fitted) so I am having fun playing with him now and Asma who has been here for ages. Today we are having a mocktail party in the playroom and yesterday we made lots of invitations which we took all around the hospital. We made menus too of the different types of cocktails we will be having like pussy foot and the vamprie special.
I had a very busy day yesterday. First of all my consultant Dr Madi wanted me to have an MRI scan to see if he could see anything in my brain which would have made me have the funny seizure thing on Saturday. I was sooooooo scared about it but my Uncle Edward brought me some CDs to take with me sent by Hattie, Max and Tilly so that made me feel alot better. Mummy, Daddy and Helen (from Ward 27 playroom) came with me and once I had my headphones on and Princess Mirabelle playing I was fine. I had to lie absolutely still for 28 whole minutes and my hands were tingling by the end. When I got back to the ward Tabitha (my doctor) said Dr Madi then wanted me to have an EEG so in the afternoon Hannah (my best nurse) took me down to another part of the hospital over a bridge and I had to have 27 silver things with wires on the ends stuck to my head. I had to lie really still again for 20 minutes and blow a windmill and have lights flashing in to my eyes. I was scared about the EEG too but neither of them were bad at all. Dr Madi thinks I may be able to go home today but every time the nurses flush my line I go all dizzy and woozy in my head so we will just have to see.
Did I tell you that I rode a really nice pony last week called Katy? Sian and YoYo took me on a hack down the road and it was perfect. Mummy and Daddy said on the way home we can go to see Katy because I have missed my riding this week. I can't wait.
Anyway I have to go to staff training for the mocktails now so bye bye.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mima
You are being so brave and we are all so proud of you. We were all thinking about you all day yesterday and are glad that the scans weren't as bad as you thought. I'm also very pleased that you listened to Princess Mirabelle rather than Captain Underpants!

The mocktails sound delicious especially the pussy foot hope you remember how to make them so you can make them for us next time when we see you.

Hope you're able to ride Katy again soon and are able to go home very soon.

Lots of love Auntie Nic Nocs

Anonymous said...

Morning Mima, you do sound perky after such a big day yesterday - I'm amazes you lay still for so long and you sound so brave - well done you! The party sounds great - how do we get an invitation?!! I've got my fingers crossed that you get home soon - say Hello to Katy form me, love Emma J xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi there
well you sound very cheerful which I am VERY pleased to hear.You deserve to have a party having performed like the absolute star you are yesterday.I'm not sure I could lay completely still for 28 minutes.I would twitch or sneeze or something disasterous.I hope that the tests help the doctors sort out this hitch and that
you can go home soon and do some riding and all the other things you enjoy.

lots of love
Sue

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,

Welldone yesterday for lying still for all that time, it must have been very scary and felt like a very long time, you were so brave. Thomas was put to sleep when he had his as he would have been too wriggly so he wasn't nearly as brave as you.
Wouldn't it be lovely to come home today....fingers crossed that you stop having dizzy spells when your line is flushed, then you can get home and ride Katy in the sunshine which will make you feel stronge again.
Looking forward to hearing that your home but in the meantime enjoy your cocktail making...sounds great fun!
Lots of love Venetia, Paul Thomas & Hannah XXXXX

Anonymous said...

Dear Mima
Your cocktail party sounds great fun! You will have to give me some tips on how to make them,as I love cocktails! I don't know whether you are allowed visitors but Amelia would love to see you. I really hope you come home soon and get to ride Katy again, what a lovely name! We are thinking of you all the time, you are so brave.
Lots of love Katyxxx

Daisy & Archie said...

Hi Mima
We would love one of your mocktails! You will have to give us the recipe soon.
So hoping you will be out of hospital very very soon - thinking about you Mima, you have been so brave. With lots of love Ben, Jax, Daisy & Archie xx
PS: We would love you to come and see us over half-term if you are up to it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mima, Mocktails sound great can we have some- yum yum. Sorry to hear you are in hospital and during half term holidays toowhat a drag. Hope you get home soon and can ride Katy (is she Georgia Mossmans pony??)Really wish you could be here, Lilly and Amy are staying over for a sleepover tonight. Remember when you stayed and we both got scared and my mummy had to sleep on the floor with us Ha Ha! lots of love Fifi, Lily and Amy XXX

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima I am Glad that you are home but gues what I am home too!!!


Love From

Ben