Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Friday 7th September 2007

Back To School
I made it back to school for the first day and a half and really enjoyed it. I have a very nice new teacher called Mr Murphy and my desk is right infront of him so he can keep an eye on me! I have to tell you, I was exhausted after just a couple of days so I had today off and relaxed ready for the big day tomorrow - I am sooooo excited I know I won't sleep tonight!!!
If anyone is in the Gaulby area tomorrow from about 2 - 6pm why don't you pop in to the Cricket Ground. We are having a cricket match between my dad's team and my uncle Matthew's team and a family fun day. There will be pony rides, face painting, sack races and lots of fun things for children to do and then tea at about 4pm.
My treatment is going really well too. I have my last IV chemo at home tomorrow which will complete the two week block and then next week I have to go to the hospital for IV chemo and an injection into my leg - remember that horried asparagus and mayonnaise. Then the next week I have to go back to hospital for the last IV chemo in this 9 week block and we are going to see my consultant again to see how I am getting on. Then two weeks off before I start the new 9 week block of chemo. Oh yes and I still have to have yuk yuk yuk weekend medicine.
Hope to see you tomorrow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jemima
We are so pleased that you were able to go back to school this week and to see all you friends.We hope your teachers have been kind and not given you any homework!! We are really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
lots of love Emma, Justin, Jessie, Poppy and Toby xxxxx

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
I have been hoping that you have been able to get to school, well done. Must be so nice to see all your friends.
We are so looking forward to this afternoon and the sun is shining too, a perfect day. See you later.
Lots of love Venetia. XX

Uncle Simon said...

Mima
Well done for making it back to school!
I hope you have a really fantastic day on Saturday, and good luck Daddy!!
Uncle Simon xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemmia,
We would love to say thank you for such a lovely day today in Gaulby we had such fun . Tallulah went on the pony ride her horse was called Tilly but she only went up the field and then got of because she said it was to bumpy (could you level the ground next time !) Did you have your face painted ? Who won the cricket ? I thought it was very well run and thanks to all the people who helped can it be a yearly thing as we all really enjoyed ? thanks again love The Woods xx

Anonymous said...

Hi
you seem to be doing so well I'm really pleased to hear.
Sounds as though the cricket and fun day were a great success.

Lots of Love
Sue

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
Thank you for a really lovely day on Saturday. We so enjoyed our selves, Thomas especially with all his little friends.
Hope that lots of money was raised and that we see you all very soon.
Lots of love
Paul, Venetia, Thomads & Hannah.
XX

venetia murray said...

Hi Mima,
Thank you for a really lovely day on Saturday. We so enjoyed our selves, Thomas especially with all his little friends.
Hope that lots of money was raised and that we see you all very soon.
Lots of love
Paul, Venetia, Thomas & Hannah.
XX

Anonymous said...

Dear Jemima,
Good news that you have been back to school meeting up with your pals again. Exciting to hear that you have been riding too with your sister. Do you remember me - Paul Murray's sister? My girls, charlotte and isabelle are looking forward to you coming over sometime to ride our ponies - they all love a good brush too! Of course your sister is invited as well.
Lots of love Juliet, Charlotte, Isabelle and Ian Agar. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jemima
I dont know if you will remember me, i used to work with your mummy and daddy. I have been working in America so only just read your story from the newspaper that my mum saved for me. I just wanted to send you lots of love and tell you how amazing i think you are and so very brave. I now have your web site and have enjoyed reading your blog. you are one amazing little lady Jemima Sellicks! Lots of love to you, Emily, mummy and daddy xx

Daisy & Archie Reed said...

Hi Mima
I can't believe you are back at school. That's wonderful news.
Sorry we were not able to make the cricket match.
I bet your friends are really pleased you are back.
Have a good weekend and look forward to seeing you really soon.
love of love Auntie Jax, Uncle Ben, Daisy & Archie
xx

wessels said...

Hi Mima,
I've just seen you at school and you look fab. I know that Meggie and Adam haven't been at school all that long so we don't know you very well, but we've been thinking of you lots and lots. What a brilliant idea to do a blog! Now we don't have to pester mummy all the time to see how you are doing! Your hair looks great. You remind me of an Irish pop star called sinead o connor (she's very beautiful by the way, but obviously nowhere near as beautiful as you!). It shows off your pretty face. You could be starting a new trend!! Anyway, it's brill to see you back at school, and glad to hear it's all going well. We'll keep in touch now we're all blogged up! love Sue, Chris, Meggie and Adam x