Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

Thursday 9 August 2007


I am home!
I am neutropenic and my Hb and platelets are low so I don't feel great but at least I am at home.
I am sleeping loads so I can go to the wedding on Saturday.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 comments:

Carole & John said...

Mima
Just knew you were at home; spotted your open window as we drove by.
It's a good idea to get plenty of sleep so you can be ready for Saturday. We will really look forward to seeing your pics.
Missing you loads. See you soon and have a fab time at the wedding.
Much love
Carole & John
xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you dont need to go back in to hospital i was there on thursday the ninth of august i hope me and isla see you and emily soon i hope you are well for saturday.Have you ever been a bridesmaid?what sort of wig are you getting for saturday. from Rachel xxxxxxxxooooo

venetia murray said...

So glad you are home. Get lots of rest. Sleep is good.
Lots of love
Venetia XX

Anonymous said...

much nicer to be at home I'm sure.Fingers crossed that you manage to get enough sleep and feel really strong on Saturday.

Thinking of you all the time.

Love
Sue

Hamish said...

Hey Mima,
Its great to hear you are home after such a terrible time in hospital, you are so brave! - It all sounds so frightening for you but we are all so pleased you are feeling better and resting up before your big day on Saturday. We hope you and Emily have a wonderful day and can't wait to see pictures of you walking down the aisle as bridesmaids. Big kisses and lots of love from us all the Merrimans xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Mima

Great to hear you are home. I bet you are really excited about Saturday - Don't forget to post a photo so we can see how glam you look tomorrow.

Lots of love, Helen, Jon, Thomas and Rebeccaxxxxx

Freya said...

Hi Mima
fingers crossed that all this sleep will help you make it to your big day tomorrow as a bridesmaid. can't wait to see you when I get back and when you are well enough to see people.

Lots and lots of love, Freya xxxx