Hi Everyone

My name is Jemima but everyone calls me Mima. I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia on 13th June 2007 and had to spend just over 3 weeks in hospital. I have set up this blog so that I can keep in touch with my friends and keep you up to date with what I am doing.

WE DID IT!!! - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SUPPORTED JEMIMA INVITES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS, WE HAVE NOW MANAGED TO BEGIN THE RESEARCH WHICH PROFESSOR MARTIN DYER WAS SO DESPERATE TO DO.

MONDAY 2ND MARCH 2009


My Daddy's Birthday - but I am not going to tell you how old he is!

Where shall I start? I am on steroids and feel yuk. I had my toe operated on last week and that hurts, my ankle is much better though. I had my verucca frozen off last week with liquid nitrogen - ow ow owwww that hurt lots!!! But I was very brave so it didn't hurt to be fair.

The worse thing is that my hair has decided to fall out again and it shouldn't do that so I am not very happy about it at all. It just decided to come out and it is not fair to me to do that.

That's all.

5 comments:

Katty said...

Hello Mima, not a very good week then - but still a smile on your face! Those steroids seem to come round too fast don't they? I hope your daddy had a nice birthday, did you make him a cake... its someone elses birthday less than a month away now isn't it? You must be getting excited now! Shame about your hair but it will come back again and you look beautiful with or without it anyway. Hope the next few days are better. Lots of love, Kathryn xxx P.S. Scooby bought in a bird the other day - I couldn't believe it, though I have a sneaking suspicion he had got it off Morgan because they were fighting over it x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimes, wow you must know every department at the LRI!!! Hope the steroids are finished by the weekend so you are OK for the big performance! It must be your birthday soon - double figures the big TEN.
See you soon
Love
Sinead and co

Anonymous said...

HELLO MIMA,
HOW ARE YOU TODAY? I HAVN'T WROTE FOR A WHILE AS IV'E BEEN QUITE BUSY WITH ONE THING OR ANOTHER, AND MY LAPTOP'S BEEN PLAYING ME UP!
HOW'S YOUR TOE FEELING NOW?...BETTER I HOPE!
WELL I HOPE YOUR LOVELY HAIR IS BEHAVING ITSELF AND DECIDING TO STAY PUT!
I HAVE A SNEAKY FEELING IT'S YOUR 10th BIRTHDAY 3 WEEKS TODAY...THE 25th??? AM I RIGHT?
I LOVED LOOKING AT THE PICTURES YOU PUT ON RECENTLY, DIGBY SEEMED TO LIKE THE SNOW! WE TOOK SNICKERS TO HAVE HIS HAIR CUT LAST WEEK....HE CAME BACK WITH IT ALOT SHORTER THAN WE ASKED FOR SO I THINK WE NEED TO BUY HIM A COAT!!!
WELL I'M OFF TO EAT MY BACON SANDWICH NOW....
TAKE CARE MIMA,
LOTSA LUV
MAX.
XXX

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photograph you look great even if you aren't feeling so good.Sounds as though your feet are in good shape now hopefully the toe isn't hurting so much now and the ankle is feeling a bit better aswell.
Hope your daddy had a very happy birthday.
Lots of love
Sue

Unknown said...

Hi Mima
Hope your drama speech went well. I'm sorry you're back on the steroids they do seem to make you feel so yukky. Hope we see you soon and you start to feel back on form.
Love Auntie Nic-nocs, Uncle Ed, Hattie, Max & Tilly